Are you stuck in old ways of being?
Me too, sometimes.
Recently, I have been going through some of my old writing and poems. Some of it is from my graduate thesis which is about 15 years old, some of it is more recent. My intention at the beginning of this process was to find and work on some pieces for publication.
I have to say, if you want to be confronted with some of your old patterns or thought forms, take a look back at old journals or writing and look with an objective eye. Look for patterns or themes.
This is what I have been doing and I got more than I bargained for!
As I was looking at the writing (and feeling the energy of those times) I could see the same themes emerging over and over again throughout the years, some of which still persist. I wasn't surprised.... but I was curious about it.
How is it that I could still have so many old thought forms kicking around into present time, even after decades of personal work?!
Maybe you feel that way sometimes, too? Like, why do I continue to struggle with the same things over and over...why do the same places of discontent in my life keep showing up? Why do I keep experiencing similar situations when I have done my inner work and have tried to change things?
Ok, I think that the answers to these questions are complex.....personality, awareness, trauma, karma, life circumstance, ability to self reflect, all contribute.
For myself, I can see that old traumas have shaped the way I interact with the world in a very powerful way. It may be the same for you, as a sensitive, compassionate and empathetic being, you may also feel shaped by the intensities of life. Sometimes life leaves you feeling raw and vulnerable. I can relate!
How do we change this?! What has worked for me is an echo of the quote above. I recognize the patterns or themes, (then give myself a huge pat on the back for seeing them) and try to look with new eyes or a fresh perspective.
I also have professionals with which I do the deep work. This support and objective care has made such a huge difference for me. So that even though I still work with old beliefs or thoughts, I can start to see where they have come from. Getting to the root of this has been key!
Other things you can do:
1. Actively engage with the thought forms. Check to see if they are of present time and if they are still valid. If not, see if you can make a shift with a new ones to replace the old.
2. Look at your life progress as a spiral, not a straight line. You may start to see incremental improvements. Give yourself credit!
3. Look for the health in the system. Did you interact with the situation in a new way or see some red flags sooner? Progress!
4. Willingness. Be willing to accept your part in the formation of your health. Be willing to take steps to improve things. Be willing to do the hard work.
5. Don't settle and keep going.
6. Maybe old trauma is getting in the way. Find ways to work with your old trauma, in supportive and life affirming ways. Transform your inner realm. Make it a safe space for you to be.
6. Get support for the deep work from trusted friends, therapists or family members.
All of these things are extremely valuable and help to progress you along your path!
I have to admit that there isn't an easy answer here. It takes a lot of work and bravery to make changes in your life and to get clarity on blockages.
Growing can be scary and unfamiliar but it is so worth it!
This wild and precious life is short. You are worth the effort involved in figuring this out.
What are some ways you have found helpful in working with this?
Reply back, I would love to hear.
Lark Fox is a Priestess, an herb wyfe, Seer, intuitive healer, writer and ceremonialist.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please check with your healthcare provider before using the information on this site.
All content, writing and photographs (except where otherwise noted), are the sole property of folklore and fern and Lark Fox. Content may not be used without written permission from Lark Fox and may not be used for your business or any other purpose without consent
Privacy: Your information will be kept private at all times. We do not sell your information.